This year once more there will be a Befana Party for children of members and friends of the Italian community in Scotland. Please spread the word and book early as spaces are limited and this is always a popular event.
Here are some details:
- Sunday 4th January 2014 1pm - 5pm
- Venue: Pollokshields Burgh Hall , 70 Glencairn Drive, Glasgow G41 4LL
- By Car: Free on street parking
- By train: closest station : Maxwell Park Station
A buffet followed by Prosecco and panettone will be served for adults and children will have a feast and receive a gift bag appropriate to their age from La Befana
Ticket Price - £5 per head (ticket price applies to all including adults)
Closing date for bookings December 13.
To download the booking form, please click here.
Italian Classes for Children
Fernhill School in Rutherglen is to offer community Italian language classes on a Saturday morning to any interested young person aged between 8 and 16.
The first session of the morning will run from 9.30am until 11am and will be open to children aged 8 to 11 followed by a class from 11am until 12.30pm for young people aged 12 to 16.
Both classes will cost £3 per child. The classes will be held in Fernhill School, Fernbrae Avenue, Rutherglen commencing 15th November and are open to all.
Anyone interested in joining this new Italian Class should contact Kerry Ianniello at the school on 0141 634 2674 to book a place, or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
The west of Scotland Italian Library is on the move! Thanks to the generosity of so many people, we have now over 500 Italian books and DVDs in our Italian Library.The Library is growing not only in number, but also in quality of authors and importance for students of Italian Language and Literature. We have also a DVD section and soon we will have some Italian CDs.
The library, which was formerly based in Singl-End Restaurant, will shortly move to Strathclyde University in the city centre to bigger and better facilities. Watch this space for details of the opening!
Il Centro Promozione Italiana della Circoscrizione Consolare di Edimburgo
- essere in possesso di titolo di studio di scuola superiore o laurea
- essere di madrelingua italiana e avere una buona conoscenza dell'inglese parlato e scritto
- avere capacità contabili e buona conoscenza del pacchetto office.
- avere dimestichezza con la didattica
Compito del/la segretario/a didattico/a è la gestione del CPI alttraverso lo svolgimento delle seguenti mansioni:
- Pagamento stipendi insegnanti
- Preparazione del preventivo e del consuntivo per il MAE
- Disbrigo della corrispondenza e delle attività contabili
- Archiviazione telematica delle varie pratiche riguardanti il CPI
- Collaborazione con l’Ufficio Scolastico di Londra, il Consolato Generale di Edimburgo, le Autorità Scolastiche locali, gli insegnanti, i genitori e gli studenti.
- Organizzazione degli incontri CPI, stesura del verbale e inoltro dello stesso a chi di competenza.
Il prescelto lavorerà presso il Consolato Generale di Edimburgo
Il contratto sarà temporaneo e a tempo determinato rinnovabile annualmente.
L’orario di lavoro sarà di 12/15 ore settimanali
In caso di riunioni fuori Edimburgo verranno retribuite le spese di viaggio
Si prega di iviare il curriculum vitae a:
entro le ore 14.00 di domenica 14 dicembre 2014
Scottish Italian Awards
Here is the list of the winners in the recent Scottish Italian Awards. Congratulations to all who won and all who made the final stages!
BEST RESTAURANT DESIGN DiVino Enoteca - Edinburgh
BEST FISH AND CHIPS The Bridge - Sauchie
BEST WINE LIST Capo Landa - Muirhead
BEST FAMILY Rigatonis - Edinburgh
BEST PIZZA La Favorita - Edinburgh
- JOINT RUNNERS UP Toni's Pizzeria - Giffnock
- JOINT RUNNERS UP Vito's - Ayr
BEST CHEF Celino's Chris Rouse - Glasgow
RUNNER UP Little Italy's Ashley Rainbow - Dumfries
BEST PASTA Amodo Mio - Falkirk
BEST NEWCOMER Toni's Pizzeria - Giffnock
BEST MARKETING TEAM Eusebi's Deli - Glasgow
MOST ROMANTIC Di Vino Enoteca - Edinburgh
BEST MULTIPLE OPERATOR Vittoria Group - Edinburgh
SCOTLAND'S BEST TEAM La Lanterna - Glasgow
BEST BISTRO Celino's - Glasgow
BEST ICE CREAM PARLOUR Crolla's - Glasgow
BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT Little Italy - Dumfries
BEST DELI Eusebi's - Glasgow
LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD Tony Pierotti -
PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD Mediterraneo - Glasgow
FAVOURITE ITALIAN BUSINESS Pietro's Deli - Glasgow
BEST BARISTA Visocchi's Marco Caira - Broughty Ferry
Flights to Italy
Some people have asked about flights between Scotland and Italy over the winter months. Here is a complete guide.
- Jet 2
- Edinburgh - Verona - Saturdays from 20 December 2014 till 11 April 2015
- Glasgow to Rome - No winter service. Flights start again 2/4/15
- Edinburgh to Venice - No winter service. Flights start again 3/4/15
- Edinburgh - Milan - daily flights throughout the winter
- Edinburgh to Rome Ciampino - Flights on Mondays , Wednewdays and Saturdays until end March 2015 then from April 2015 flights are Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays
Cav Rodolfo Benacci RIP
We are sorry to announce the death of Cav Rodolfo Benacci, the founder of Cosmo Ceramics Ltd, on Friday 14th November.
Rodolfo suffered a severe stroke on 31st October. The hospital staff said then he was unlikely to survive the night. However in his usual determined fashion, Rodolfo struggled on against the odds for another fortnight. Thanks to all of Rodolfo’s family and close friends who visited him in hospital. For anyone who would like to attend Rodolfo’s funeral, the arrangements are as below.
Funeral Mass at St. Margaret’s Church, Johnstone on Friday, 28th November at 9:50am, thereafter to Woodside Crematorium, Paisley, arriving at 11am, to which all family and friends are welcome. RIP
No flowers please but donations, if desired, to Alzheimer’s Research UK.
Scotland v Italy
On Saturday 28 February 2015 at BT Murrayfield Stadium at 2:30pm the Scots will be aiming for three-in-a-row against Italy in the RBS 6 Nations. After this season’s thrilling win in Rome (courtesy of Duncan Weir’s nerveless drop-goal) and the 34-10 victory at Murrayfield in 2013, when Stuart Hogg’s glorious length-of-the-pitch score was the pick of the day’s many tries.
Whether you are supporting Scotland or Italy you can buy your tickets here!
ItalianScotland on Social media
In the era of Facebook and Twitter it makes sense to keep in touch via social media. Our Italian Scotland Facebook page is updated almost daily with news and events or interest to members and friends of the Scots Italian Community.
Just look up ItalianScotland on Facebook and click “like”.
We are now into the third year of our Facebook presence. It has almost 1500 signed up followers. Posts can reach 6000 people in less than 24 hours! Our Facebook page engagement has shown a more than 200 per cent increase on last year, which shows the importance of us using social media to communicate.
Remember to follow us also on Twitter @ItalianScotland