Italian at Fernhill
Lots of exciting new opportunities for young people to engage with Italian language and culture at Fernhill School! See below and pread the word!
The following two lists have now been finalised for the election of the new COMITES - the committee which represents the views of the Italian community in Scotland.
The time has come to renew such committees throughout the world and election will be held later this spring to do this. It is right and fitting that Italian citizens living in Scotland should participate and vote. In order to do so you need to register with the consulate by March 18.
To register individuals need to be registered on AIRE and fill out a form and provide a form of identification (UK or Italian passport or Driving licence )
Documents can be photocopied and attached to the application form (which is available from the consulate) and posted to the Italian Consulate at 32 Melville Street, Edinburgh EH3 7HA.
List 1 "Italiani in Scozia"
1 DE MARCO ADRIANO
2 RIATO GIUSEPPE
3 VERRICO PAUL
4 CROLLA MODESTA
5 ANTUOFERMO ROBERTO
6 CONTI GLORIA
7 ALLETTI ANNACHIARA
8 PIROZZI CARLO
9 MARCANTONIO GIULIANO
10 SARTI SANDRO
11 VETTRAINO LUIGI
12 MORETTI GIOVANNA LEONORA
13 DEMARCO ANTONIO
List 2 “Italia-Nostra”
1 MARTONE FRANCESCO
2 CORTELLESSA FRANCO
3 PIA ANTONIO
4 LORDI ARCANGELO
5 ANTONUCCI CLAUDIO
6 VETTESE BENEDETTO
7 CREMONESE MARCO
8 DI CANTO FELICIANO
9 CORACE CARLO
10 MARTONE FABIO
11 PASQUARELLI GIANFRANCO
12 DEL VISCIO FRANCESCO
13 CONTI CIRO
Flights to Italy
Some people have asked about flights between Scotland and Italy over the summer months. Here is a complete guide.
- Glasgow to Rome (Fiumicino) and return - From April to October 2015. Flights are on Thursdays and Sundays.
- Edinburgh to Venice (Marco Polo) and return – From April to October 2015 as follows:
- In April and May flights are Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays.
- In June, July, August and September flights are Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- In the month of October flights reduce to Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays.
- Edinburgh to Verona and return
- From Sat 24 January to Sat 11 April 2015 – flights are Saturday
- From Wed 13 May to Wed, 30 Sept – flights are Wednesdays
- Glasgow Prestwick to Rome Ciampino and return – from 31 March until 24 October 2015 – flights are Tuesdays and Saturdays
- Glasgow Prestwick to Pisa and return – from 4 June until 27 Sept 2015 – flights are Thursdays and Sundays
- Edinburgh to Rome Ciampino and return
- January and February 2015 – flights are Wednesdays, Saturdays and Mondays.
- From March 2015 – Wednesdays, Saturdays and Mondays (plus Sun 1 March and Sun 29 March)
- From April to 23 October – flights are Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays and Mondays.
- Edinburgh to Pisa and return
- From 31 March until 30 June 2015 – flights are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- For month of July – flights are Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- From August until 24 October – flights are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Thomson Flights (Chartered)
- Glasgow to Naples and return – flights from 27 March until 30 October are on Fridays.
- Edinburgh to Naples and return – flights from 29 March until 18 October – flights are Sundays and Wednesdays
- Edinburgh to Milan Malpensa and return – flights from 29 January until 24 October 2015 – flights are daily (with the exception of 3, 4 and 10 Feb).
Festa della Terza Età
The annual Festa della Terza Età will this year take place on Sunday 8th March at Bella Napoli, Shawlands. The event is aimed at more senior members of the Italian community and their friends (perhaps 60 plus but no one will be checking birth certificates!).
The price per person will be £12 for a three course meal (including wine, water, bread and olives for the table and teas/coffees).
To confirm your place for this event, please download this form and return it alongside a cheque made payable to "Italian Scotland SCIO" to Paul Verrico at Cosmo Cermaics Ltd., 515 Lawmoor Street, G5 0TT.
Good news for lovers of all things Italian! The Italian Library (with books and DVDs) which was formerly housed in the Single End Rsetaurant is now reopened in Strathclyde University. With around 500 titles there is something for everyone, including many beginner's language guides.The Biblioteca Italiana will be based just 5 minutes from George Square in Room GH223B - Graham Hills Building - 40 George Street - Glasgow.
It will be open every day from 9am to 4pm.
Do pop along and check it out. More information from Giuseppe Riato at firstname.lastname@example.org
New COMITES Elections
Following a decision of the Italian Government to postpone the worldwide elections to the various COMITES committees around the world, a new date has been set for such elections.
The date for the new elections has been fixed for April 17.
The vote will take place via post. Only those applying to take part will receive electoral papers. Such applications should reach the Italian Consulate in Edinburgh by March 18 2015.
Please note that if you applied to vote for the cancelled poll of December 19, your application will be still valid and you do not have to make a new application.
To apply for voting papers you can send an email to email@example.com The email should have an attached copy of your idenity card/document with signature section visible. All Italian citizens resident in Scotland for at least six months have the right to vote.
For more information see www.consedimburgo.esteri.it
ItalianScotland on Social media
In the era of Facebook and Twitter it makes sense to keep in touch via social media. Our Italian Scotland Facebook page is updated almost daily with news and events or interest to members and friends of the Scots Italian Community.
Just look up ItalianScotland on Facebook and click “like”.
We are now into the third year of our Facebook presence. It has almost 1500 signed up followers. Posts can reach 6000 people in less than 24 hours! Our Facebook page engagement has shown a more than 200 per cent increase on last year, which shows the importance of us using social media to communicate.
Remember to follow us also on Twitter @ItalianScotland